It’s Google versus Bing, Google versus Ahrefs and Google vs. Bing again! Which webmaster audit tool is best? Google Search Console (GSC), Bing Webmaster Tools or Ahrefs Audit? The answer depends on what you need to do with your website. In this article we will review the pros and cons of each webmaster audit tool so that you can make a more informed decision about which one to use for your site.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is Google’s free webmaster tool that provides a Google-centric view of your site. You can see information about Googlebot activity, Google indexing and more in this interface. Google Search Console may not show all the Google sources that are crawling your site.
Google has a team of over 200 auditors who crawl web pages, index them and make sure they’re in good shape for Google visitors. Google’s crawlers will also find anything new you upload to your website or publish on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube. Google Search Console can help you monitor Googlebot activity, track errors from Google crawlers or block unwanted visitors from your website with a robots.txt file.
Google Search Console’s pros include:
– Google crawlers can detect and report errors you might not see on your own.
– If search engines don’t find what they’re looking for, it may be because of a bad link pointing to the wrong URL or that content isn’t being crawled by our spiders. You’ll want to find out why and fix the problem.
– You can see how many pages Google crawlers have indexed per day, which tells you if your site is being crawled enough to rank well in search results.
– Allows you to block unwanted visitors from accessing your website with a robots.txt file.
Google Search Console’s cons include:
– You may not see all the Google sources that are crawling your site. This includes crawlers from other countries as well as third-party tools like Yandex, Bing or Ahrefs.
– It’s limited to only those who have a website and doesn’t include users of social media sites where you might be publishing content.
– Google’s crawlers only find anything new you upload to your website or publish on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube if the content is publicly accessible.
Google Search Console pros outweigh cons because it provides a Google-centric view of your site so that you can see information about all aspects of what Google Google is crawling.
One of the best webmaster tools is Bing Webmaster. It’s great because you can access it right there from bing.com/webmaster, which makes it very convenient for those with limited time and resources to manage their website content on a regular basis. You don’t have to go looking around all over the place to find your webmaster tools and reports, they are all right there in one spot.
Bing Webmaster is a free service by bing that lets you manage your website content from bing search engine using simple text commands such as “index my site” or “add this to the index.” If bing discovers anything on your site that might not be according to bing’s webmaster guidelines (which bing has a nice description of on the site), bing will let you know via email and tell you what to do.
This webmaster tool is also great for monitoring your website content, bing will tell you when there are new or changed pages that need to be indexed.
Overall, the pros of Bing Webmaster include:
– quick and easy access from a convenient location – helpful alerts about broken links on any part of your site – provide feedback if there are any mis-steps with your site
The cons of Bing Webmaster:
– is that it only works for bing.com and you cannot access the data on a mobile device, which can be difficult if you have limited time to go through all your reports while away from a computer.
Ahrefs is one of the most popular webmaster tools because it offers a wide range of services that are helpful for tracking, monitoring and improving your online presence. Ahrefs has three main modules:
– Ahrefs Rank – shows you how to improve your ranking in Google search results
– Ahrefs Organic Keyword Research – helps you identify keywords that can bring you traffic
– Ahrefs Site Audits – finds out what is wrong with your website and how to fix it.
The Ahrefs Audit module allows users to investigate a site’s backlinks, crawling stats, keyword rankings, lost links, social media metrics and more. It also includes an automatic link search feature that Ahrefs calls “bulk analysis”.
Ahrefs also offers an Ahrefs Site Explorer tool that displays a page’s backlink profile by linking to the sources of those links.
Ahrefs Site Explorer also displays a site’s Ahrefs Rank, which is calculated based on the Ahrefs Rank for every page that links to it.
The pros of Ahrefs Audit are that it is fast and easy to use, has a wide range of metrics, provides information on site backlinks and lost links. The cons of Ahrefs audit include the limited number of reports available for free users. You can also only export one report at a time in CSV format with no advanced filtering options.
Google Search Console vs Bing Webmaster vs Ahrefs Audit summary:
The Google search console is an audit tool that provides information about the traffic coming to a website and how it’s indexed by Google. The Bing webmaster tools are similar but with some different features, such as site credits for publishing content on Microsoft properties like MSN.com and BingNews. The Ahrefs audit is a tool that monitors the links to your website, how they affect rankings, where you need work and more detailed information about traffic sources than Google Search Console or Microsoft’s tools offer.
All three are valuable webmaster tools for different reasons; you should use them all to get the most information possible. They will each provide different insights, and you can choose which one best suits your needs at any given time.